My Photo
Name:
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States

I am a widow, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and mischief maker. I enjoy life and my family and friends.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Out with the old; in with the new


It is now time to put Christmas decorations away. The older I get, the faster time goes by. It seems like I just put them up. The tree will not fit in my 'Christmas box' , so it will just have to be up all year in the basement.

Tonight is New Year's Eve. My youngest called to let me know they are trying out a new soup tonight. So I volunteered to make some bread.

Today I am also making pasties and runzas. I have the recipe from Alice's Restaurant in Lincoln. I remember going over there once a month for a treat!

Since I am reminiscing, I also remember the Chat-n-Nibble; a good place to go for just cokes and visiting. And then there was The Cricket Cage for antiques and junk; none of which I could afford being a college student. It was a cool place to browse. Oh to have the knowledge then that I have now. I think there are several things I would do differently.

Sis has lost her phone and says she will buy a new one. I think she just wants one of those fancy new phones that take pictures and do tricks. My phone is three years old. The battery wasn't holding a charge for more than half a day. So I went to Celluar One at Wal Mart and asked to buy a new battery. Lo and behold.. My battery had been recalled. They sent me a new one free. I wonder if it will last three years. [I think that is why they recalled the battery. It lasted too long.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i remember alices...i have a recipe for vege runzas.... and the chat-n-nibble where barb g, myself, and two other people played cards instead of studying. but i didn't know about the antique place. but i did know that if you walked about four blocks west there was a house with barn in back and a horse that i visited often.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mum needs a secondary beeper thing on her phone so she can find it when the battery goes dead. =)

a secret horse to visit during college! neat, i wish i had one of those.

never had a runza that i know of...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home