My Photo
Name:
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States

I am a widow, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and mischief maker. I enjoy life and my family and friends.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekday Mornings

The alarm clock blares
I stumble out of bed as the cat stares.
I slap the alarm and enjoy a millisecond of peace and quiet,
News is turned on and then begins the 'riot'.
Sassie, the pit bull, wants outside,
Bootsie, the black and white cat, proceeds to hide.
Coffee is measured and water added to the pot
Shower is turned on, not to hot.
Sassie storms back in and I notice the hour,
Time to inhale coffee and jump in the shower.
Clothes are thrown on in a flash,
Bootsie is looking through the trash.
A quick brush of my teeth and hair,
Makeup applied with more care.
Sip more coffee, grab my coat and keys,
Run out the door, hope the truck starts with ease.
I slide through mud and snow,
reach the hiway and off I go.
Buzz down the road, park in my spot,
Check the mail, my there is a lot.
I've accomplished so much I'm ready for a nap,
But the day has just begun, so I lurch forward with a snap.

CVH

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i like the poem!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

see you can write..... you write more like caryll than i do....

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home