My Photo
Name:
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States

I am a widow, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and mischief maker. I enjoy life and my family and friends.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Blizzard: not Dairy Queen




The first picture shown here was taken at six AM. The other two were taken around 8:30 AM. The blizzard is still in full swing. The town is basically shut down. All of Butte County is running at mini mun force.. For safety's sake. In Sturgis, citizens were told they would be arrested if they persisted on driving. Brant, the grandson who works for the city of Belle Fourche, was told to stay home. James is home as is Jay. This might be a good day to do some baking. [Just so the electricity doesn't go off again] I may take more pictures after the blizzard runs its course, if I can get outside. I am sure there is a drift in front of the front door.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it is a good thing every one is at home! it looks like the wind is really being nasty. probably no mail today either. it is just blizzardy, or are the streets slippery also since it was warm before it started to snow. i'll bet the kids are upset because it wasn't a school day!

11:28 AM  
Blogger cynthy said...

Can't say about streets. I see a few cars out, not many. Today is Friday.. therefore, no school. The principal canceled intersessions. No more this year.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home