My Photo
Name:
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States

I am a widow, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and mischief maker. I enjoy life and my family and friends.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Bookmarks of Life

What a nice Mother's Day I had.

Church in the AM, then a quick lunch at home and a quick walk for the dog. Graduation at 2:00PM where two grandchildren graduated from eighth grade. They both go to the Mustard Seed Christian School. All the students took part in the program. My daughter-in-law teaches the pre-school/kindergarten class. They were so cute.

Back home to let the dog out and then to James' house for a graduation bar-b-q for the two grandchildren. Nice bunch of guests, great conversation, great food, and later delicious campfire burnt marshmallows. The two sons in attendance reminisced about their boarding school days. Scarey. I thought they were getting a Christian Education. HA. From their conversation, I deduced that I sent them to the wrong school. In spite of their years there, they turned out to be wonderful sons, husbands, and fathers. I am blessed to have such a great family!

At the end of the month I travel to Maryland to attend another grandchild's graduation. This one is graduating from high-school. She will then attend the community college for at least one year. I can't wait to fly out to Delmar and visit with my oldest son and his family!

Reflections:
I remember my grade school and high school years. The time when you think you are immortal. My mind thinks that it wasn't that long ago; but when I look in the mirror...
Sometimes I wish I could relive my college years. I know I would have married differently, except I would not want to 'not have' the sons I have. I said as much one time to my middle son, and he said that they would be themselves, but different. Well, I love them the way they are and would never trade them in. They are the reason I continue to exist. My life experiences have made me who I am today.
I now trust God to help me make my 'life choices', because on my own I made some 'doozies'. Is that a word?
Okay, enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i feel sorry about the school, i sent both of my children to a christian boarding academy and it was okay. one of my daughter's friends took a little side trip into experimenting with drugs, but she was into experimenting befor she went. in fact, the two of them were 'friends' all the way through grade school and high school. i am not sure why each chose the road they did. parents of both were involved in church and in the kid's lives. i have seen so many students go through christian schools. each brings their own life to it.
no place on this earth is perfect. . . not even close.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home