My Photo
Name:
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States

I am a widow, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and mischief maker. I enjoy life and my family and friends.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hemmed In

The house on the north was sold and has a single guy living there. Hardly ever see him. I did notice as I drove into my driveway yesterday that he put curtains up. Way to go, 'guy'.

The vacant lot to the south now has a basement poured. This morning in fact, I wondered if I was going to be able to get out of my drive. There was a crane set up and two, count them, two cement trucks backed up to the crane. The crane had a hose attached so they could guide the cement where it needed to go. I did make it out to work. If they are still there when the garbage truck comes, I imagine my can will not be emptied today.

I have to walk the dog at 6:30 now because the workers are on the job by seven every morning. Oh the joys of living in a construction area.

I think I need to move to Mexico and live on the beach in a grass shack and eat coconuts or some other fruit. Right. I am sure all the beach front land is crowded.

Enough complaining! I love my house and am anxious to get grass planted and the fence finished!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

was it a crane or a pump truck? i watch a pump outside our bathroom window every morning that they are using to pour footings a few blocks away.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jen told me that in reno they have such a large pump truck for concrete that the company has to pay fine every time they run it down the road because it is so heavy. she didn't say how fast it could go.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home