My Photo
Name:
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States

I am a widow, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and mischief maker. I enjoy life and my family and friends.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pet Peeves

Here it is not quite Halloween and as I wander through the stores I see huge Christmas displays. Okay, so some are still in progress, but the Thanksgiving items are already on sale. Come on, get a grip and get priorities straight! Why can't we take one holiday at a time. [this coming from someone who starts Christmas shopping during the summer sales]

Another thing that drives me crazy. Youth today do not speak proper English. They seem to have their own vernacular. Try correcting someone when they say 'these ones' or 'those ones'.

Enough of the negative.

After two weeks of snow and rain and snow, the sun is finally shining. If I didn't have to work I would be mowing my lawn for the last time this year. Hopefully it will be nice tomorrow and I can mow it then. I have to buy a leaf rake. The cottonwood leaves decided to congregate on my lawn! Like I have time and energy to do this. Oops, negative again.

On a positive note, the paint for the basement is purchased and sitting in the laundry room. I am waiting for the 'taper guy' to come and get it ready. [He slipped on the ice and is in a cast; hoping to talk his doctor into a walking cast so he can come finish the basement.]

I am past anxious to get it painted so the electrician and plumber can finish their tasks. Then I can put all the bookcases and books back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you. I don't remember when all this started, but it seems when we were young they waited until after thanksgiving for xmas decorations. now at holly lobby all the thanksgiving stuff is on sale and is almost gone and xmas stuff is out if full force.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home