My Photo
Name:
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States

I am a widow, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and mischief maker. I enjoy life and my family and friends.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

















We had a great bonfire tonight. Lots of trash piled up. We had to wait till there was hardly any wind and then my son called the fire dept. to let them know that we were burning a trash pile. For the pictures of the beginning of the bonfire, go to Mary's blog[link on my page to "Prairie Home"] I didn't take my camera; but grabbed it when we went home to see if Dennis, Mary's cat, was ready to go inside.. after a couple of hours outside. So I experimented with my night setting. I got a few good pictures, but need more practice. Mary got some spectacular ones. Be sure to check her site. When the fire died down, everyone was hungry, so they dug a little pit in the dirt, put a grate over the top, and cooked hot dogs. I like this last picture... the roots from the spruce or juniper or whatever it was that the neighbors threw on the fire looked like french fries or shoestring potatoes. It was cool. The company was great and it was fun! I think they are planning on having another one soon. That would give me another chance to use my night setting. If I take my tripod, I am sure I can get better pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home